Well, who is not familiar with JIO in India? Offering calls, internet totally free of cost and now charging a minimum cost whereas all the other telecom network provider charge a ton for these services. But, as it is, with every free thing there are conditions. And with JIO, it is that, only the people who have 4G Internet in their phone can avail JIO services. In India 70% of the mobiles do not have 4G in them and this makes a huge problem for the users because JIO works only in 4G enabled phones. So the people who have 3G in their phone cannot avail JIO free services. But, there is a hack for everything! You can easily use JIO SIM in your 3G smartphones and enjoy all the free services offered by JIO. If you want to learn how to do this, you have landed on the right page :). Lets directly go to the post now!
Table of Contents
RELIANCE JIO 3G SIM:
Reliance JIO Extended their Welcome Offer till (31st March 2017) i.e, 3 months and made an announcement regarding Reliance JIO 3G SIM Launch Date & Reliance JIO 2G SIM Launch Date. But till now the officials did not launch 2G and 3G JIO SIMs. so many people are asking me about the official launch date of Reliance JIO 3G SIM. The officials have not yet released any information about JIO 3G SIM. But According to the few sources, the Reliance JIO 3G and JIO 2G SIMs will be available from April 2017.
HOW TO USE RELIANCE JIO 4G SIM IN A 3G MOBILE:
The easiest method is to purchase the Reliance JIO’s JIO-FI which helps 3G and 2G mobile to use JIO internet services by launching a Wi-Fi hotspot. But for this, we have to purchase the Jio-Fi. Instead of purchasing, we can directly use the JIO SIM in our 3G Smartphones.
This method is tested and 100% verified.
For Qualcomm Chipsets using Jio SIM on 3G Mobile:
- Download Shortcut Master (Lite) App.
- Install the app & Open It.
- Click on Menu (vertical Three Dots on top right side).
- Now Go To Menu then Search for “Service Menu” Or ” Engineering Mode “.
- Then Select “System App” Option For Deep Search. If Found then open it and access to change LTE Bands If that doesn’t work.
- Once You Got the Engineering Mode , Open It and Select Change LTE Bands.
- If the above Doesn’t Work Then Dial *#2263# then Select Menu And Click Back Again Then Select Menu.
- Then Go To Key Input And Enter “0000” without quotes, Then Wait For Couple Of Seconds ,after that You Will Get Popup.
- Select UE Settings From that Popup, after that Select setting>protocol>NAS>Network Control>Band Selection>LTE Band> The Select “Band 40”.
- That’s it. Now you can Insert Jio SIM & Check Whether You Are Getting Signal Or Not.
- If not, repeat the process again.
- Restart the Device and Place it in First SIM Slot.
For Mediatek Chipsets using Jio SIM on 3G Mobile:
- First Download CPU-Z app from Playstore.
- Install and open this app.
- Wait while it retrieves your device information.
- Within few seconds you will see all your device information on the screen.
- If your device is using Mediatek Chipset then it will reflect with the Logo of Mediatek Chipset on the screen.
- First Download & Install MTK Engineering Mode app in your 3G mobile device.
- This Application will allow you to run an advanced Setup from the Engineering Mode Menu of MTK phones, which is also called SERVICE MODE.
- Open the installed app, or dial your mobile device specific code for Engineering Mode.
- Click on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option.
- Now you can Select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as network mode and you can save it and turn it off and on your mobile device.
- Once you done the above steps, Shutdown the device.
- Insert your Reliance Jio 4G sim in 1st Slot and keep the 2nd Slot empty.
- Switch on the device and then you will see JIO sim network.
Also read: Loan codes for network providers.
- You need to activate your SIM before going to do this process.
- Use these secret menu very carefully. In case if you don’t know on what you are doing then just stop it or don’t do it!!
- Within 10 minutes you will get the JIONetwork but you will not get the 4G speed still you will get 3G speed. Which is also better.
FINAL WORDS ~
So, now I hope you got all the information regarding using JIO SIM in 3G Mobiles. This method is tested and works smoothly. If you face any problem, let us know through comments. We will be happy to help you out. Share this with your friends and let them know about this trick too :).